Managing links on Apex.org.uk
If websites are mention in any published article it is always helpful to provide a link to the website. The best way to to this is put the link on the website name and make sure to click the ‘Open link in a new tab’. This helps the user to easily get back to your article.
Adding links to websites and pages
To a add a link
- make sure you are using the text view when publishing
- using your mouse, select the words you wish to put the link on
- click the ‘link’ button from the tools area at the top of the editing area
- paste or type the full url of the link into the link field
- click the ‘Open link in a new tab’ only if it is a link to a different website, otherwise ignore
All telephone numbers should appear as:
Telephone: 028 7130 4800
Note the full spelling of the word ‘Telephone’, it is bold and the number is written as local in 3 digits 4 digits 4 digits
The link on the telephone number should be http://tel:00442871304800
Note that the international code should be added with no spaces. This is for use on mobile devices.
Email: [email protected]
Write email addresses in full, in lower case and as active links.
Note the full word ‘Email’
The link on the email should be http://mailto:[email protected]
Always check the story after publishing to ensure the titles, bullet points etc are correct. Always check the links work correctly. Check all telephone number links work on a mobile device.
It is always fine to edit a story at anytime after publishing.