Managing links on Apex.org.uk
If websites are mention in any published article it is always helpful to provide a link to the website. The best way to to this is put the link on the website name and make sure to click the ‘Open link in a new tab’. This helps the user to easily get back to your article.
Adding links to websites and pages
To a add a link
- make sure you are using the text view when publishing
- using your mouse, select the words you wish to put the link on
- click the ‘link’ button from the tools area at the top of the editing area
- paste or type the full url of the link into the link field
- click the ‘Open link in a new tab’ only if it is a link to a different website, otherwise ignore
All telephone numbers should appear as:
Telephone: 028 7130 4800
Note the full spelling of the word ‘Telephone’, it is bold and the number is written as local in 3 digits 4 digits 4 digits
The link on the telephone number should be http://tel:00442871304800
Note that the international code should be added with no spaces. This is for use on mobile devices.
Write email addresses in full, in lower case and as active links.
Note the full word ‘Email’
The link on the email should be http://mailto:email@example.com
Always check the story after publishing to ensure the titles, bullet points etc are correct. Always check the links work correctly. Check all telephone number links work on a mobile device.
It is always fine to edit a story at anytime after publishing.