Apex will consult you and all affected tenants about the proposed changes to management and maintenance policies or practices, in particular where:
- Apex proposes a change in the arrangements for management and maintenance, which substantially affects you.
- Physical improvements to your property or environment are proposed by Apex.
- Apex proposes to change significantly the extent and cost of services paid for out of your service charge.
- Apex is proposing to transfer your property to another association.
Apex will periodically consult you and organisations who represent tenants for views about existing policies and service delivery. This might concern the services that Apex provides directly to you, or the effect of its activities in the area where you live. This consultation may take the form of individual letters, local or general newsletters, tenant satisfaction surveys, public meetings, or any other appropriate method.
Apex produces an Annual report and Business Plan which provides statistics on its performance during the previous year and its objectives for the coming year.
If you have any comments or suggestions to make about any of Apex’s services or activities, you can contact Apex individually or as a group at any time about any aspect of activities affecting you.
Tenant Participation Strategy 2020-2023
Tenant Participation remains at the heart of Apex and is central to ensuring that tenants can make a real difference and have their say in our day to day service delivery. We do this by putting tenants at the forefront of our service improvement and engagement opportunities. This strategy has been developed in consultation with tenants, board members and staff.
The participation aspects of this strategy will focus on our relationship with tenants, but we will also continue to work closely with residents, community and voluntary agencies and elected representatives to develop thriving communities.
Through this strategy, Apex aims to empower tenants, promote good relations, ensure equality of opportunity, improve service delivery and support the development of sustainable communities.
As we move forward in an increasingly digital world, we will review the way we communicate with tenants to ensure that we continue to meet their needs.
This strategy demonstrates our commitment to empowering our tenants and communities, as well as complying with regulatory requirements and best practice.
- sets out our aims and objectives for tenant participation in the next 3 years.
- outlines the ways in which our tenants and residents can become involved.
- explains how we support tenants to participate.
- describes how we will communicate with and inform tenants.
- details the resources we will put in place in order to provide tenants with effective involvement.
- tells you how we will monitor, evaluate and report to you on implementation of the strategy.
Active Tenant Network
If you choose to become an ‘Active Tenant’ you will be supported by our tenant participation team to become involved and have your say in your local community and alongside other active tenants. The role is a flexible one, allowing you to become as involved as you would like.
In your local community
Be supported to organise local events and remain up-to-date through updates from the Tenant Participation Officer.
Alongside other Active Tenants
Join the ‘Active Tenant Network’ and attend meetings in Derry~Londonderry or Belfast every quarter to represent the views and interests of your community.
Levels of participation
Not all tenants will want to participate in the same way. In recognition of that, we offer a menu of options so tenants can take part in a way that suits them best.
If you are interested in becoming more involved, contact Apex Tenant Participation team:
Telephone: 028 7130 4800
Email: [email protected]