Floating Support is housing related support to help you to become independent in maintaining your tenancy or home.
Aims of floating support
We promote independence, choice and well-being in the following key
- Housing – find other accommodation, set up and maintain home / tenancy
- Money and rent – manage finance and benefit claims
- Looking after your home – maintain the safety and security of the dwelling
- Health and well-being – develop domestic / life skills, gain access to other services
- Positive use of time – develop social skills, preventing isolation
- Community and contribution – establish social contacts and activities
To be eligible you must:
- Be aged over 18 and not covered by the Children’s Act (Leaving Care)
- Have specific and identifiable vulnerabilities that render you in need of support which is assessed against the service’s eligibility criteria
The Floating Support Service is open to all, regardless of landlord, including homeowners and private renters. You do not need to be a tenant of Apex Housing Association to avail of the Floating Support Service.
Making a referral
A referral to our Floating Support Service can be made in the following ways: