An amber weather warning for high winds in Northern Ireland has been issued due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia.
There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage. Flying debris is likely, such as tiles blown from roofs, as well as large waves around coastal districts with beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties.
This leads to the potential for injuries and danger to life
Please find below some useful contact details.
Some useful advice:
• Check external areas of your house and clear away any loose debris.
• Secure your wheelie bins.
• Bring your pets indoors.
• Stock up on basic supplies- most stores will be closing early today.
• Charge up all your mobile devices.
• Have torches to hand, use candles with care if you don’t have a torch.
• Anyone with back boilers/stoves bear in mind that your pump will not operate to circulate heat if your fire is lit. You can release the hot water by opening the hot taps and releasing the water.
http://www.thejournal.ie/weather-storm-ophelia-liveblog-3648353-Oct2017/ – this is a live blog with storm updates.