How to update your Universal Credit with your new rent charges following your annual increase
If you are currently in receipt of Universal Credit it is your responsibility to inform the DFC (Dept. for Communities) of your new rent charge for 2019/2020.
It is important that you do this on 1st April 2019 to ensure that the new charge is paid from that date. Apex cannot tell Universal Credit about the rent increase on your behalf but if you need help accessing your journal or accessing the internet please contact your housing officer.
If you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit you do not need to do anything. Your benefit will be automatically updated.
If you pay by standing order you need to speak to your bank about increasing your payment.
See our step-by-step guide below on how to update your online journal with your new rent charges.
- Log on to your Universal Credit account
- Click on Home and you should see the following options:
- You now need to choose ‘Report a Change of circumstances’
- You will now see the following screen. Please choose ‘ Where you live and what it costs’
- You should now see the following options:
- Please choose ‘something else’ and hit select continue
- You will now see the following screen:
- When you click on the green ‘change’ button you will be able to submit your new rent figures and the date of the change (1st April 2019). Please ensure that you submit the new figures from your rent increase letter. There will be separate options for Service Charges.
- If you have any problems or queries please contact your Housing Officer on 02871304800.