Gardening Competition 2018
Are you a keen gardener?
Would you like to win up to £50 in Homebase vouchers?
Speak to your Housing Officer about entering our gardening competition.
Closing date Friday 10th August. The four categories are;
- Best Overall Kept Garden
- Best Hanging Basket
- Most Original Feature
- Supported Living
Some hints and tips for hanging baskets –
• For the best results, ensure that the plant size suits your basket of choice. Good trailing plants are: Petunia Surfina, trailing Fuchsia and Lobelias. For colour add Nemesia and Pansies along with Fuchsias and Geranium.
• Remove dead flower heads. Not only does it make your basket look tidier, it encourages more flowers.
• Remember that you don’t have to plant flowers in your hanging basket. Strawberries and tomatoes grow extremely well in hanging baskets and are easy to pick.
• Generally the basket should be watered once or twice a day, but on hot, dry days water the basket early and hang it in the shade. On cold days, wait until it warms up before watering.
• Ensure your hanging basket bracket is strong enough to hold the weight of a watered basket.
Please submit your photos, along with your name and address, directly to email@example.com. Up to three photographs can be entered for each category but they must be clear and in focus.
If entering the Overall Garden category please submit a photograph of the whole garden.
For more information contact your Housing Officer on 02871 304800