Free school meals and uniform grants
Applications are now open for free school meals and uniform grants for eligible children for the school year beginning September 2022 (2022/23).
The process has changed for 2022/23 and you are now required to register and create an account before applying.
The application must be made by the person receiving benefits who is named on the Proof of Benefit Letter / Tax Credits Award Notice / Universal Credit Payments Breakdown.
You can apply if your son/daughter is in full-time education and if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support;
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable household income of £16,190 or less;
- Universal Credit with net household earnings not exceeding £14,000 per year;
- if you are an Asylum Seeker supported by the Home Office Asylum Support Assessment Team (ASAT); or
- if your child has a statement of special educational needs and is designated to require a special diet.
Students can apply:
- if the course you are studying is a full-time course, and
- you are receiving benefit in your own name.
To check your eligibility and for details on how to apply please visit the Education Authority website.
For help and advice, you can contact the Education Authority’s dedicated helpdesk on 028 9041 8044 or email [email protected].