Easy guide to help you update your UC account with new rent charges
If you are currently in receipt of Universal Credit (UC) it is your responsibility to update your UC online to reflect your new rental charge for 2023/2024.
For tenants in receipt of UC please refer to the step-by-step guide below on how to update UC with your new housing costs.
Please ensure that you submit the new figures, rent and service charge, if applicable, that were recently provided to you in your rent increase letter.
You should have received a message from UC via email or text asking that you complete a ‘to-do’.
- Please log onto your UC account as normal via the UC website.
- When you click on the ‘To-do list’ tab it should state ‘confirm your housing costs’.
- Select ‘confirm your housing costs’ which should take you to a screen stating, ‘confirming your housing costs’, then select ‘continue’.
You should then see the following screen:
- Select ‘yes’ to your housing costs changing on 3 April 2023 and then select ‘continue’ which should take you to the following screen:
- You should select ‘yes’ to your rent being charged weekly and then enter the new weekly amount of rent. Select ‘continue’ which should take you to the following screen:
- If you also have a service charge, you should select ‘yes‘ to your service charge being charged weekly and then enter the new weekly service charge amount. Select ‘continue’.
Now you should check to confirm your new housing costs details are correct and if so, select ‘submit’.
You will then see a final screen stating, ‘housing costs confirmed’. When you have successfully completed the task of updating your housing costs; you can then select ‘back to do to list’.
If you require further assistance in completing this, please do not hesitate to contact your Housing Officer on 028 7130 4800.