Department publishes Covid-19 guidance for social tenants
The Department for Communities (DfC) has published a guidance document to support tenants in the social housing rented sector during the Covid-19 outbreak.
The document covers FAQs and issues including:
- What can I do if I fall into rent arrears?
- What does this mean for repairs in my home?
- Advice for those living in Supported Housing or Supporting People Services
- House moves and eviction proceedings.
Alongside the guidance, Paul Price, the Department’s Director of Social Housing has also written a letter to social tenants, which discusses:
- Rent, payments and support
- Maintenance, repairs and property access
- Gas safety checks
- Anti-social behaviour
- Support for victims of domestic abuse
- Looking after your health and wellbeing; and
- The COVID-19 Community Helpline
All Apex tenants are encouraged to read this latest guidance from the Department:
Guidance and letter from Department for Communities
If you have a query on the back of this guidance, please contact your housing officer using the details below: