Springwell House, hostel accommodation
Springwell House, Belfast, offers accommodation and support for men in recovery from alcohol and drug misuse problems.
There are 19 single bedrooms in the main hostel building and we have 8 move-on flats also on the scheme.
Springwell offers a range of in-house educational opportunities such as drug/alcohol awareness, mental health awareness, maths, english, IT, art, history, group and 1-1 counselling.
Onsite facilities include: communal room with T.V, education room, spacious dining room with pool table and dart board.
All meals are freshly prepared daily by onsite cooks who also ensure that all tastes/diets are catered for. The laundry room has washing machine and tumble dryer with iron and ironing boards available.
Services we offer:
- a comfortable and safe home with 24 hour staff support;
- all meals and beverages – 7 days per week;
- an identified key worker who will work specifically around your needs;
- access to local primary health care services;
- participation in external and internal recreational, educational and social activities;
- links with other professional services (e.g. addiction/ other counselling services); and
- resettlement and move-on advice and support.
How to apply for this accommodation
To apply, applicants must complete an application form by:
- contacting Springwell House directly or via another agency that you have involvement with. You can also ask a family member, the Housing Executive, a social worker, alcohol agency or anyone you feel can assist you to contact us on your behalf; or
- presenting yourself in person at Springwell House during office hours.
Your details will be recorded for statistical purposes and an application pack will be forwarded to you (within 24 hours).
Get an application form
An application form can be obtained by;
- contacting Springwell House; or
- downloading this application form.
Springwell House contact details:
Telephone: 028 9024 8801
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Return the completed application form to Springwell House as soon as possible. If you need any assistance completing the form, the House in the Wells staff will be happy to assist you with this.
Should you have any immediate queries regarding the referral and admission process, please contact us directly, we will be happy to hear from you.
What will happen next?
When your completed application form is received, we will contact you and arrange a suitable time to meet you.
We will contact the other agencies that you refer to in your application, so that we have as complete a picture of your needs as possible. This process may seem intrusive but is essential if we are to deliver an appropriate support package.
The assessment will be as informal as possible and we will ensure you feel comfortable.
At this stage you will be made aware of the outcome of your referral application and next steps to follow.