Apex Housing Association (Apex) is a major housing association managing a stock of more than 6,000 homes, which will grow to more than 7,000 when our current planned programmes are completed.
Our business is housing and associated care and support services, and from tiny beginnings more than half-a-century ago in Derry~Londonderry, we have grown into a substantial organisation with a geographical base throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
We are a not-for-profit housing association, led by volunteers and work to social enterprise principles. We employ around 700 staff throughout the organisation and through our group structure we also provide affordable housing both for rent and for sale.
- General needs housing for families and single people
- Purpose-built accommodation for older people and families with complex needs
- Supported housing for people with mental health difficulties, learning disabilities, alcohol/drug addictions, those who are physically disabled and young people in need of support
- Housing support for vulnerable groups under the Supporting People programme
- Support services for tenants and the wider community through our community investment programme
Community buildings under the management of local communities
We facilitate home ownership
We facilitate home ownership through the provision of affordable housing for sale and the opportunity for shared ownership.
We work with other Associations
Apex works with Newington Housing Association, using our joint resources for mutual benefit and we provide services on behalf of Apex Housing Association (Ireland).
For every person to enjoy great quality homes and support in vibrant and caring communities.
To lead the way in building sustainable communities through the delivery of quality, affordable homes including tailored support and care services.
Apex has a clear set of values underpinning its work:
We want to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
We take ownership
We are all responsible for ensuring we deliver our mission.
We do things well
We lead the way, we aim to get it right and to continuously improve.
We work together
We collaborate to get the best result.
We show respect
We are respectful and courteous to everyone we come in contact with.