Accessibility & translations
We’re constantly working to make APEX.ORG.UK as accessible and usable as possible.
We will continue to develop the website to ensure that it is accessible and provides a user-friendly experience. If you have any difficulties using this website, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on 028 7130 4800.
Web page construction and links.
- For those screen reader and non-mouse users, you have the option to skip straight to the content.
- The site has been created with a combination of XHTML and CSS.
- We try to ensure all informational images contain an ALT tag and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
- All pages have valid HTML.
- Links have been written to make sense out of context. Where this has proved impossible the title tag has been used to expand on their meaning.
- The website offers full functionality in all modern browsers on PC, Mac, Tablets and Smartphones
Resizing the text
To increase the text size:
- Select one of the ‘A’ text size options on every page
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size > Largest
- Firefox: View > Text size > Increase
- Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key.
We’ve compiled a list of resources for anyone using this website and the internet in general.
BBC guide to changing the colours on your computer.
For Windows, Mac, and Linux users.
Alternatives to using a keyboard and mouse.
BBC website outlines some of the options available.